CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 4, 2013

Washi Tape and Valentines cards....

Wow, it has been awhile since I have posted anything...I think I am finally settled from Christmas, CHA and New Years, although I do have a busy month or two coming up again with my anniversary, Valentines Day, my daughter's birthday, my son's birthday and my nephew's birthday all within a 3 week period. I figured with all of that coming up I would take this down time to share some cards with you. The 3 that I am sharing today were also posted over on the Card Annex blog. I used the We R Memory Keepers Crazy for You line along with We R Memory Keepers Washi Tape. When the Washi Tape came out, I will be honest with you...I didn't really get it, but after playing around with it I find it to be a nice staple. I have 3 different examples of how the Washi Tape can be used. My first card I used it to cover a "naked" diecut. I cut strips using several different patterened tapes, trimmed and inked the edges and my diecut was now quickly altered. It is also nice to use when you have that card or layout that just needs that little something like on my card...I cut a strip and used it for a contrasting border.
For my second card I decided to use it to create a background for my negative space in my frame. I again cut strips, this time making them uneven and at different lengths. I then put my frame over the strips and I created a contrasting background.
For my last card I used a clothes pin and covered it with the Washi Tape, a real quick and easy way to jazz up your card or layout.
Well, I hope this helps you with some more ideas for using Washi Tape and if you have some to share with me...leave me a comment with your idea. I am always happy to learn new ways to use things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your ideas. Would like if you posted instructions.love the heart!!! Thanks for sharing. Phyllis Johnson.